United Methodists and others wishing to provide humanitarian assistance to the Ukrainian people in the wake of the Russian invasion of their country may contribute to Advance #982450, UMCOR International Disaster Response and Recovery. This fund will provide direct assistance to those in Ukraine as well as assistance to Ukrainians fleeing to neighboring countries.
Gifts to support the people of Ukraine can be made in the following ways:
- Online at https://umcmission.org/advance-project/982450
- By toll-free telephone: 888-252-6174
- By check made out to Global Ministries/UMCOR with “Advance #982450-Ukraine” written on the memo line, either mailed and addressed to Global Ministries/UMCOR, GPO, P.O. Box 9068, New York, NY, 10087-9068 or given at or through any United Methodist church
One hundred percent of all Advance contributions go to the designated cause.
The United Methodist community in Ukraine, though quite small, is actively engaged in assisting neighbors in need. Global Ministries is in touch with the church’s leadership as well as with church leaders in countries welcoming those who are fleeing from violence in Ukraine.
United Methodist Global Ministries offers an eight-question guide to the history of Methodism in Ukraine, how UMCOR is responding, and the best ways for you to help now.
- How is the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) responding?
- How can I support those still in Ukraine and those fleeing the violence?
- Will UMCOR be sending kits and other supplies?
- Can I volunteer?
- How can I host refugees in my U.S. home?
- Our church wants to have a direct relationship with a UMC congregation in Ukraine or Eastern Europe. Can you provide us with contact information?
- Is The United Methodist Church active in Ukraine? In Russia? In surrounding regions?
- What prayer can I lift up for the people of Ukraine?