A Virtual 5K Event to Rally Support of Children and Families
Saturday, May 1, 2021
Wellroot Family Services celebrates our 150th anniversary of the founding of The Decatur Orphans’ Home, now Wellroot Family Services. This year we will kick off Founder’s Week with The Founders Day 5k on Saturday, May 1st. Let us celebrate virtually, as you walk or run in unity with your church, neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family, to help raise funds and awareness for the needs of children and families at Wellroot.
Beginning Monday February 1, 2021, If you would like to be tested by the Clayton County Health District, please click here. You will not need an appointment, but you must register. The hours are Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. The testing site is: Rock Springs Baptist Church 5900 Reynolds Rd. Morrow, GA 30260.
You can still PRE-REGISTER online at other testing locations through out the state at: covid19.dph.ga.gov
If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone and need assistance to register for a test, contact our COVID-19 call center at 1-678-479-2223.
Call center hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Test site hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
To contact the public health department in your area, click on the link below.
COVID-19 Testing – Direct Patient Line
People should not arrive unannounced or without a scheduled appointment at a specimen collection site, hospital, emergency room or other health care facility. Only individuals who have been evaluated by public health or a health care provider and assigned a unique identification number will be referred to these drive-thru sites.
- Together we can stop further spread of COVID-19 in our state and save lives.
- Stay home – If you are experiencing symptoms, please continue to follow the CDC guidelines of 10-14 days of self-isolation.
- Practice social distancing – keep at least 6 feet between yourself and other people.
- Wash your hands – use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60% alcohol) if soap and water aren’t readily available.
- Wear a mask – the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend the use of face masks to help slow the spread of COVID-19, especially where social distancing is difficult to maintain (grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.), and especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
For more information about COVID-19 please visit: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
The Morrow First UMC Food Pantry needs volunteers able to lift 50 pounds and walk short distances (from the pantry to the back steps). Our pantry helps our neighbors each Thursday morning from 10 a.m. until Noon. Volunteers serve from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on Thursdays.
If you wish to join the MFUMC Pantry Team, contact Diana Aull or the church office (email@example.com).