For 95 summers, Glisson has released a summer schedule, and 2021 is no different. While similar in appearance to recent years, the schedule this year marks massive adaptations based on existing conditions and understandings of the ongoing pandemic. Put simply, this is no ordinary schedule and 2021 will be no ordinary summer. Camp and Retreat Ministries staff spent months developing the most pandemic-resilient programming imaginable while maintaining what’s core to our camp ministry experience all along.
Here are key dates and important information about camp:
- Summer 2021 Schedule: View a PDF of the 2021 Summer schedule at http://glisson.org/register/.
- Capacity Adaptations: For 2021, all programs have been reduced in overall capacity in order to allow for lower staff-to-camper ratios, smaller cohorts/living groups, and increased ability to socially distance across common areas.
- Cancellation: In the unlikely event Glisson determines it necessary to cancel any of the summer programs, a refund of all deposits and fees will be offered.
- Tiered Pricing: For decades, church financial support of our summer programs has allowed Glisson to offer camp at lower costs for families. In response to reduced support in 2021 and in anticipation of potential reductions in the future –– and rather than making up the funding loss with increases in camp fees for everyone –– Glisson developed pricing tiers for Summer 2021 that offer families the choice of paying:
1) the normal, subsidized cost
2) the actual cost of the summer experience
3) the cost of camp plus the expense of ongoing facility maintenance and replacement.
- FAQs: Find out more on Glisson’s FAQs Page: http://glisson.org/faqs/