United Methodist Women’s Mother’s Day Gifts to Missions 2021
This year’s gifts to missions will help to “Build a Bedroom” for the residents at Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center in Cedartown, Georgia. One of the first things the staff at Murphy-Harpst does is provide an atmosphere for residents to begin healing. The Center writes, “A key step in the healing journey is trust; one way we build trust with our residents is by creating a cozy, comfortable bedroom just for them.” Each child receives brand new bedding, bath linens, and décor like rugs and blankets to make them feel welcome. Some rooms are also receiving new window treatments.
Morrow’s UMW will once again sponsor Mother’s Day Gifts to Missions as an opportunity to honor and remember those women who have had an impact on our lives. All contributions will go to the “Build a Bedroom” project. The contribution is $1.00 per name or as much as you would like to contribute. Please submit your information by Monday, May 3.
- To honor/remember someone, you may send the names to the UMW email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may send the names to the church office: email@example.com
- Or you may mail the information and payment to the church: P.O. Box 143, Morrow, GA 30260. Please make checks payable to Morrow First UMW and note Gifts to Missions.
- Please be sure to indicate whether the contribution is to honor or remember that special woman. You can use this PDF as a guide: 2021 Gifts to Mission Form
- The direct link to the online giving form for UMW is https://onrealm.org/mfumc/give/morrowumw
This is different from the link in the mobile app which goes to the church’s main account.
- You may always bring your names and contributions to the church Monday-Thursday from 10:00 am till 3:00 pm or to church on Sunday morning.
The UMW thanks you for supporting this project not only to honor or to remember the women in our lives, but also help to aid in the healing process for the residents of Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center.
UMW Executive Committee